Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Gallery Remodel!


I have started a remodeling project on my studio gallery here in Rodeo, New Mexico. It started with making repairs to trim boards and the start of a major color change from the long time blue to something new and inviting. I chose a nice chocolate brown to paint the body of the building.

Finished Exterior Colors.

The color change was completed with dark trim and turquoise blue doors which gives the exterior look a warm and inviting look and still maintain a touch of the southwest.

West Wall Interior Colors.

Moving to the interior I have really started to make bold changes from the the traditional white gallery walls to bold dark blue and terracotta that hopefully will make the artwork really POP once the gallery is finished and rehung.  
East and South Wall Gallery Colors.

Though the gallery is still unfinished and cluttered with everything stacked around the colors are already starting to work even through the clutter.

Lady of the Lake Against New Color.


In the next installment of the remodel, the gallery should be rehung and new stands will be constructed for the  sculptures as well. Keep coming back to see the process continue to the new finished look in the next few weeks. 






5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your art work & the colors you chose for your studio! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new colors look really good, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to stop in and take a peek. I really like that terra cotta color especially with the contrast of the darker color. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for liking my color choices!!
      -roger

      Delete